Interview with Dr.Barceló on Facilisimo.com
[quote align=»center» color=»#999999″]Allergic rhinitis is more frequent in adolescents
Is a worldwide health problem affecting 20% of the population.
It is uncommon under 5 years old, then it rises quickly to peak in adolescence and the initial adult life.
A genetic influece is needed and that’s the reason to be found in several members of the same family. It is also neede the exposition to allergens (causes of allergies)
Curious fact: it is associated with the mnth of birth, being most frequently affected those babies born during the spring and summer time. It as also inversely related to the number of siblings.
[quote align=»center» color=»#999999″]1 out of every 3 rhinitic patients end up suffering asthma
- It is very common the infectious rhinitis (common cold), normally due to viruses.
- IIdiopathic rhinitis (unknown origin), previously known as «vasomotor rhinitis»)
- Drug rhinitis due to vasoconstrictor medicines.
- rhinitis due to emotions, triggered by stress and sexual intercourse
- hormonal rhinitis during pregnancy, hypothyroidism or menopause
- atrophic rhinitis
[message_box title=»Enlace:» color=»yellow»]Read the full interview[/message_box]
<p style=»text-align: left;font-size:10px;»><span> <a href= «http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikey_blue_eyes/» target=»_blank»>Imagen: Mike Monaghan</a> </span>