También en / Also in Spanish
- Raw (shushi, sashimi) or undercooked fish (marinated anchovies, pickled herring, ceviche) may have anisakis
- Freezing fish (20ºC/70ºF at least 48 hours) kills all anisakis species.
- Cooking temperature above 60ºC/140ºF over 10 minutes are enough.
- Cook correctly the fish to let the temperature reach the whole pice of fish.
- Fresh water fish (river fish) do not have anisakis parasites.
- Animals coming from fish farm usually are parasite-free, but this may not always be true.
- Generally talking, avoid eating fish outside your house.
- From 2006 Spanish regulations make compulsary to freeze the fish in restaurants.